Let's put Hitler in a cupboard and forget about him

Monday, August 29, 2011 - Posted by Amelia at 12:24 PM
Welcome to BatCat's first ever Doctor Who picspam recap. Or picspam recap in general.

6x08 - Let's Kill Hitler

I'm assuming at this point that you've seen previous Doctor Who episodes, at least the first half of season 6. If you haven't, I'm sorry. But I am NOT explaining what happened so far. In fact, feel free to enlighten me.


We start by playing a round of "Driving maniacally through a wheat field for no apparent reason".
Amy proves herself to be a terrible navigator. Hmm... terrible driver, terrible navigator... I think the best place for Amy in a car would be the trunk.

Gratuitous symmetry cap.
There's something off about the doctor, though...
WHAT is that COAT?!

Let's take a closer look.
What IS that? It's like a combination of Captain Jack and Ten's coats!

Although Eleven's looks rather green in that picture.

Anyways, moving on.
"Seriously?"
I like how there is actually no explanation as to how the Ponds got back to Earth. In A Good Man Goes To War, he left them with River to look for... well, for River.
But in this show logic is purely a trivial matter, occasionally attained through pure coincidence.
Unless you have a brain like Moffat's.

Rory can drive-write nicer than my own handwriting.

I swear Matt Smith practices his remorseful face in front of his mirror.

I must admit: That coat makes him look extremely hug-able.

Amy-Eleven hugs are the best.

The Doctor hasn't found Melody rivertimeladymelsongwifedoctor Pond yet.
Oh, look! There she is!
How convenient.

OK... maybe not so convenient.

CHILDHOOD MONTAGE TIME!

I love Amelia's accent. It's so cute. Also, Caitlin's slowly but surely growing up, no?

Finally! Ezekiel Wigglesworth as young Rory!
Awwwwe, look at him! He's so tiny!


Teenage Rory is adorable.

"Who steals a bus?"
*cough*
ANYWAY, moving on.

noihaven'tbeenfantasizingaboutyou-face

Mels shot the TARDIS. Because violence is always the answer.

This building doesn't look like it actually exists in Berlin. More like Ancient Rome.

Bad-Guy Cam! Observe your mortal enemies from their staff's eyes. Completely untraceable! Call in now and you'll get the second one free!

Ummm... Star Trek much?

Blah blah blah sideplot blah cloning blah scaring nazi officials blah blah blah

Like I said: Cloning

And scaring Nazi officials.
Also, the people are IN the robot clone. They're really tiny.

So the antibodies are jellyfish in the robot that eliminate unauthorized life forms. Which is... exactly what antibodies really do. I should have been expecting this.

"Welcome. You will experience a tingling sensation and then DEATH."
Best line so far.

OMGEEE I wonder who this might beeeee!!!!1!

So, this is justice mode. Still don't know what that is, but this is what it looks like.

But then the tiny leprechauns change their mind, because Hitler hasn't committed enough crimes yet. That's lovely.

This ain't gonna be a pretty landing.

This is, in fact, an exact representation of what I look like after being hit by a giant police box. Not suspicious at all. And still alive.

Rory notices the oddness of this too. He's not a nurse for nothing.

Finally, the mystery is revealed!!1
Aaaand they just saved the most hated man in German history. Scheisse.

Hitler + TARDIS = very not good.

The thought of a Magneto-Hitler terrifies me.

The same goes for Gun-Hitler.
Really, just Hitler in general.

Ok, maybe not so much anymore.

"Agreed. Let's faint." (Second best line, once again from inside the robot)
"I think he just fainted." (I love you, Rory)
"Yes, that was a faint." (Good call, Doctor.)

I did NOT see this one coming. Damn red herrings.

Aaand there you have it. River is born flawless.
But we already knew this.


Typical.

That one didn't work.

That one neither.
Bananas are good.

Maybe third time's the charm?

Nope.

L'Oreal Berlin: Because you are vörs eet.

The Doctor's dying. But he's got a plan, so it's OK.
Because his plans always work out extremely well.

"Well, I was on my way to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled, when I suddenly thought, 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think I'll kill the Führer.' Who's with me?"
Forever jealous of her for that line.

Rory does not like les Nazis shooting le daughter.

Don't worry, Daddy, I'll be fiiine. If I get attacked, I'll just blast them with regeneration fire. I'll be home by curfew, I promise.

You get back here, right now, young lady! Don't - don't you get on that moto - River! Listen! To! Your! MOTHER!!!

After all, modern parents have to take matters into their own hands.

This flooding in the living room is going to be awkward to explain to the fire department.

Well, basically, fire department isn't going to cut it. More like disaster restoration services for extreme flooding.

Look, Doctor, thinking about food makes me feel better, too. But that does not explain how fish fingers and custard is supposed to help you.

I'm beginning to ship River/Guns. It's like the most canon thing on this show.

Rory saying "Clues" in a Scottish accent is actually waesome/adorable/strangely hot.

Childern! Avert you eyes!

You are not averting your eyes!

I had almost missed you, robot. Almost.

Amy's got the right idea. They're in her head.

Jellyfish! Now you I missed.

There are so many bad jokes I could make right now.

Now THAT is what I call reprimanding your child.

Idk, I like this cap.

Theories about clothing here. (not mine, but extremely good)

He should have incorporated this move at the wedding. Which is, quite possibly, where he just came from.

The Doctor's almost dead.

Amy forces all the crew to evacuate the robot so they can't hurt River.
"Only two life forms remain. This will be rectified."
NGL, the jellyfish are my favourite parts of this episode.

Aaaand just kidding, he's not dead. Yet.

Moment of truth, where River suddenly turns good of her own accord. Right. OK.

"Help."

I should feel bad about liking something about to kill the Ponds this much. But... I don't.
They're just too damn awesome.

They're saved, but not by the Doctor.

Because he's on his deathbedstaircase.

Cap of infinite sadness.

Mommy? Why is the dead man in love with me?

Regeneration hands!

Much better than candles.

Notice the jacket is back. once again, refer to the clothing theory.

To anyone who thinks this is news to the Doctor:
He overheard the Ponds talking about his death.
He mentioned it to his clone.
The Doctor knows everything.

A University on the Moon.
This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "shoot for the moon".

I'm in love with this cap. just saying.


I hope you enjoyed your time aboard this blog. We hope to see you again soon.