The Glory that is Shiny New Things

Monday, June 13, 2011 - Posted by Amelia at 6:48 PM
I am happy to announce that I am the proud new temporary owner of Libba Bray's new book, Beauty Queens. I only just finished the third chapter, because I've been busy all day. Of course, at this point it's still mainly about the introduction of characters and I'm kind of struggling to remember who's who, but I am already in a better place for having read it, due to the glorious return of Miss Bray's excellent humour. Honestly, she needs to write more books faster. She should clone herself multiple times in order not to be restricted to the extremely limiting ability of one single human being to only have a certain capacity of writing per time. (For the simpler minds among us: there needs to be more of her so I can have more of her books more frequently.) But, alas, the human condition restricts us by means of frivolous basic needs, such as sleep, hunger or a limit on concentration spans. Trust me, between final exams and projects and auditions, I am re-learning this the hard (read: so painful I want to shoot myself just to put myself out of my acute misery) way. But today, I am giving myself to the shining glory of Beauty Queens.